OAFM & FDRIO Accredited Course
Screening for Domestic Violence, Abuse and Power Imbalances
Registration for this course is currently closed.
Overview of Course
This 21 hour course is designed for social workers, psychologists, lawyers and other professionals who are engaged in mediation, family arbitration and parenting co-ordination. Participants will learn about the following issues:
- The Arbitration Act, 1991
- Ontario Regulation 134/07
- Screening Reports
- Screening tools for mediators, family arbitrators and parenting co-ordinators
- The Attorney General’s mandatory screening requirements relating to family arbitrations
- Screening clients into mediation, arbitration and parenting co-ordination
- Screening clients out of mediation, arbitration and parenting co-ordination
- Setting up safe mediations and arbitrations
- Safely terminating mediations and arbitrations
- Best practices for mediators, arbitrators and parenting co-ordinators
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in role play to practice screening techniques and strategies in a variety of contexts.
- This workshop has been accredited by the OAFM
- This workshop meets the Attorney General for Ontario’s mandatory training requirements for family arbitrators (initial training and continuing education requirements).
- OASW Professional Competency Credits may be received through this course (Members should check eligibility for reimbursement up to $500 through the OASW).
Instructor: Kathryn d’Artois, LL.B., C.S. (Family Law), AccFM, FDRP Med Arb PC FDRIO
Location: Ottawa, ON (specific location to be announced)
Cost: $950 + HST
Online Registration Form
Check this page for the next course registration.